Recommended Browsers for Canvas
Firefox and Chrome
In February, we've had some reports with assignment submisssion concerns. If you experience a concern submitting a Canvas assignment, please see this information.
For mobile devices, use the mobile app! iDevices and Android
Trouble logging into Canvas or viewing content?
These are the same steps that User Support will ask you to try! Most issues can be resolved with these steps:
A few more things to try:
- Refresh your browser screen - press F5, or click the Refresh button!
- Clear the cache of a single page:
- In Mozilla Firefox, press Ctrl-Shift-R, or press Ctrl-F5 (hold down the Ctrl key and click F5).
- In Google Chrome, press Ctrl-Shift-R, or hold the Shift or Ctrl key and click the Refresh button.
- Antivirus up-to-date? Viruses or malware can cause trouble.
- Pop-Up Blockers - Turn off pop-up blockers, or add an exception to the lists in your browsers and toolbars. (Often computers have two or more pop-up blockers: one in the browser and another in a search toolbar like Google or Yahoo.)
- Browser Plugins - Sometimes additional software is needed to view and listen to instructional content in your course. Here are the most common plug-ins; they are free to download. Check with your instructor to see which plug-ins they recommend.