Per CSU's Senior Citizen Visitation Privilege, citizens age 55 and older may visit Colorado State University resident instruction classes on a space-available basis at no cost.
Adding Senior Citizens to Canvas
If the instructor uses Canvas, the senior citizen can have access to the course in Canvas by following these steps:
- The senior citizen gets permission from the instructor and completes the Senior Citizen Class Visitation Request Form
- The instructor/department sponsors the senior citizen as an 'associate' to get an eID. That is, the department HR staff creates an "Associate" account for the citizen. Associate HR Info
- The citizen goes to https://eid.colostate.edu/ to activate their eID.
- The instructor manually adds the citizen's ename as a student in the Canvas course:
- In your Canvas course > People > + People > enter the ename, select Student role and section > Next > Add Users > Done.
- This will send an email to the senior citizen, inviting them to the class, with a link to Canvas.